Transforming Mental Health Services in Camden and Islington
Camden and Islington Clinical Commissioning Groups are consulting on the proposed site redevelopment of Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s St Pancras Hospital site. The public consultation will seek views on proposals to move inpatient beds from St Pancras Hospital to a new site at the Whittington Hospital and create two new mental health community hubs in Islington and Camden.
The proposals include redeveloping Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s estate to provide the inpatient facilities currently at St Pancras Hospital on a site behind the Whittington Hospital; create two new community mental health hubs, one in Islington and the other in Camden; retain clinical services at St Pancras Hospital, the Trust’s beacon site, and also build an Institute of Mental Health there to support its research work. No services will be cut under these proposals.
Over the last 3 months we have held three public events and two drop-in sessions, along with outreach and engagement with local service user groups and the community.
The consultation ran from 6th July to 12th October 2018.
This consultation has now closed.
You can read the evaluation report
We would still like to hear your views at this stage! So once you have read the report if you have any other comments please send them to us, you have until 12th December to comment on the final report and the consultation proposals. You can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3688 2900.
The consultation has now closed. There are now some steps we will follow to ensure that we can properly hear the views of local people and service users, and respond to these views.
These steps are:
- .Publishing and sharing of the Consultation evaluation report
- We will look at every issue raised in the final report and write a full response explaining how we will address these.
- We will also set time aside to look at other options suggested i.e. for locations of the community hubs.
- We will publish our final decision and a response to the issues raised in the New Year and we will share this widely.
We will also share the report at some key meetings to further explore and discuss the findings and their impact upon the proposals. The meetings we will take the final evaluation report to are:
- Camden and Islington Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee will come together as a Committee in Common to discuss the findings on 29th November. They will then make recommendations to the CCGs on the proposals.
- Camden and Islington Clinical Commissioning Groups will hold a Governing Body in common to make a final decision based on the evidence from the final evaluation report.
If you have any queries about this consultation or the steps outlined above please email: email@example.com Or call 020 3688 2900
Please find below a list of documents to download:
- Document - Proposals for change to the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust Estate
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Large print document
- Large print survey
Easy Read Consultation Documents
- Changes we would like to make to the St Pancras Hospital and Community mental health services - (long)
- Changes we would like to make to the St Pancras Hospital and Community mental health services - (short)
- Tell us what you think about the changes we would like to make to mental health services -
Developing the proposals
- Pre-Consultation Business Case
- Case for Change
- Care model and expected benefit
- Options appraisal
- Finance case
- Pre-Engagement Summary
Overview and Scrutiny Committee Engagement
- Notification to consult letter to Councillor Kelly
- Notification to consult letter to Councillor Gantly