Our community research and library
Listening to and acting upon the feedback of our local community is a key part of how we commission, develop and design local services. This approach runs through all of our commissioning decisions and is a part of every member of staff’s role.
You said, we did
We regularly address concerns from the public and Islington residents; we then use this to improve services.
You said.We did.
- "We would like more GP appointments at times that are convenient to us."
We extended GP opening hours so that is now possible to get an appointment in the evening and on weekends.
- "Interpreting services need to be more accessible"
The CCG commissions an interpreting service for GP practices which has very good user feedback.
We worked with local GP practices to raise awareness of the interpreting service we commission. This includes: an information pack on how to book an interpreter for GP practices, regular reminders, support for those practices whose use is low and monitoring the use with HealthWatch Islington.
Our local Trusts are also under going a re-procurement exercise of their language interpreting service after hearing the poor patient experience.
- "We want services that are closer to home and easy to get to"
We have moved services that were traditionally based in hospital into the community, this includes blood tests.
We are continuing to work on this area – to try to ensure as much support as possible is close to you.
- "We would like more services to be offered in pharmacies so that we don’t always need to visit our GP or other health services and that more information is needed about the different services available at each pharmacy."
We identified the issue was how we promote pharmacy services as there are a range of services available through visiting your local pharmacy.
We have so far promoted the services through adverts in our local papers, twitter feed, our website, video screens in GP practices and at local community events.
- "It is not always easy to know what to expect from services, how to access them and what our rights are. We would like clear and simple information to help us choose the right service."
We developed a NHS fact sheet for community groups and local people to use that explains what people can expect from services, how to access them and what your rights are. We are working with local organisations to share this information with their communities and using it whenever we do outreach with the local community.
Our library of engagement reports and responses show how the recommendations from our work have been taken forward.
The library is a useful and live tool (it is updated regularly to include new reports) for local people, our partners and staff – as it shows the type of things local people are concerned about and interested in. It also shows how the CCG is responding to these concerns.
If you have any questions about any of the reports or topics covered within the library or would like to be involved in future projects – please get in touch
Commissioning intentions year two
- Diverse communities health voice 2017 - 229KB
- Help on Your Doorstep - community research 2017 - 407KB
- Integration and long-term conditions -313KB
- Learning disability - 205KB
- Older people engagement - 281KB
- Prevention - 267KB
- Primary care - 223KB
- Overall research -241KB
Commissioning intentions year one
- Diverse communities health voice 2016 - 1.01MB
- Community and equalities research project - CCG response - 245KB
- Centre 404 - health research project - 506KB
- Access to primary care and social care for the Latin American over 50s - 804KB
- Manor Gardens Centre engagement research - 624KB
- Extending GP access in Islington - 337KB
- GP services for residential care - 729KB
- Ophthalmology - 774KB
- Ophthalmology services report - CCG response - 221KB
- Report on long-term conditions surveys - 281KB
- Healthwatch - long-term conditions report - 227KB
- Refugee forum event report - 267KB
Care My Way
- Care My Way community CCG response community recommendations -425KB
- Care My Way community engagement report - July 2015 - 338KB
- Care My Way community engagement report - August 2015 - 306KB
- Care My Way community engagement report - October 2015 - 267KB
- Care My Way community engagement report - December 2015 -375KB
- Care My Way community engagement report - February 2016 - 336KB
- Care My Way young people engagement - 358KB