One of the ways we ensure patients are able to have direct input into our commissioning decisions is by appointing patient representatives to sit on some of our key decision-making committees. We deliver special training for them to make sure they are comfortable with and clear about the responsibilities of this role, as well as ensuring they have the confidence to contribute at meetings. We currently have patient representatives on all of our committees and boards. The terms of reference for these committees are in the downloads section to the right, and in the links below.
Supporting CCG staff to be ‘engaged commissioners’
To ensure our staff carry out effective engagement and are committed to embedding engagement in their work, we have developed engagement training sessions for our staff.
The aims of these sessions are to:
- increase understanding of community engagement and empowerment to conduct engagement as part of their role
- explore community engagement in the context of the CCG's work, and service improvement
- identify opportunities for the CCG to conduct more meaningful and creative community engagement
- outline the statutory requirements and processes of a formal consultation
- ensure staff are familiar with our engagement planning guide, to help them plan engagement in all of their work
In the downloads section to the right of this page you will find Haringey and Islington CCGs' consultation guide for staff, our engagement planning guide and the set of engagement training slides we use in our staff training sessions.