Transforming Mental Health Services in Camden and Islington
Camden and Islington Clinical Commissioning Groups consulted on the proposed site redevelopment of Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s St Pancras Hospital site. The public consultation sought views on proposals to move inpatient beds from St Pancras Hospital to a new site at the Whittington Hospital and create two new mental health community hubs in Islington and Camden.
The proposals included redeveloping Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s estate to provide the inpatient facilities currently at St Pancras Hospital on a site behind the Whittington Hospital; create two new community mental health hubs, one in Islington and the other in Camden; retain clinical services at St Pancras Hospital, the Trust’s beacon site, and also build an Institute of Mental Health there to support its research work. No services will be cut under these proposals.
We worked with the local community in developing both the way we consulted with local people and the consultation documents to ensure they met local peoples and service users’ needs. We met with people individually and in a group meeting. All of the comments and ideas we heard were used in the development of the consultation process and the documents. The notes of the meeting are available to download.
The consultation ran from 6th July to 12th October 2018 where we held three public events and two drop-in sessions, along with outreach and engagement with local service user groups and the community. You can read the evaluation report
To further explore and discuss the findings and their impact upon the proposals. The report and proposals were presented at:
- Camden and Islington Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 29th November. A link to the papers from this meeting can be found here
- Camden and Islington Clinical Commissioning Groups Governing Body in common on 20th December to make a final decision on the proposals. A link to the papers from this meeting can be found here
The Governing Body have now agreed the proposals. Further engagement and co-design will now be planned with the local community and service users to develop and design both the new inpatient unit and the community hubs.
We will send further information out in January 2019 to everyone who has responded to and been involved in the consultation.
If you have any queries about this consultation or the steps outlined above please email: email@example.com Or call 020 3688 2900
Please find below a list of documents to download:
Post Consultation Documents
- Document - Proposals for change to the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust Estate
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Large print document
- Large print survey
Easy Read Consultation Documents
- Changes we would like to make to the St Pancras Hospital and Community mental health services - (long)
- Changes we would like to make to the St Pancras Hospital and Community mental health services - (short)
- Tell us what you think about the changes we would like to make to mental health services
Developing the proposals
- Pre-Consultation Business Case
- Case for Change
- Care model and expected benefit
- Options appraisal
- Finance case
- Pre-Engagement Summary
Overview and Scrutiny Committee Engagement
- Notification to consult letter to Councillor Kelly
- Notification to consult letter to Councillor Gantly