Choice and Control
Islington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is committed to ensuring people get the personalised care and support that suits them.
Choice and Control is the name for all local services that:
- provide more choice and control over how health and care needs are met
- deliver the Personalised Care Programme recommendations set out in NHS England’s Long Term Plan
The name ‘Choice and Control’ was produced with people who have used health and care services in Islington, Islington CCG and Islington Council.
Islington CCG and other local health and care partners are continually testing and developing new ways of offering more personalised healthcare and better integration of health, social care, education and the voluntary and community sector.
Choice and Control services currently cover the following areas:
Care and support planning
Care and support planning is offered in a number of areas including:
- Adults with one or more long-term conditions - your local GP practice can help you to create a care and/or support plan or provide you with a copy of your existing plan.
- Mental health services - your lead care professional can help you to create a care and/or support plan or provide you with a copy of your existing plan(s).
- Continuing Healthcare and Continuing Healthcare Personal Health Budgets - the Islington Continuing Healthcare Clinical Team can support you to create a Continuing Healthcare Care and Support Plan or provide you with a copy of your existing plan.
- Continuing Care and Continuing Care Personal Health Budgets - the Islington Continuing Care Team can support you to create a Continuing Care, care and/or support plan for you and your child or provide you with a copy of your existing plan.
- Personal Health Budgets - further information on Personal Health Budgets is available here.
Self-care or supported self-management
- Islington Clinical Commissioning Group commissions a wide range of programmes and initiatives that support you to have the right knowledge and develop the skills you need to look after yourself.
- Some of these programmes are for people with specific conditions and some are for people with one or more long-term conditions.
- For information on the range of services available in Islington and how you can access them, please click here.
Social prescribing is about helping people to find ways to improve your health and wellbeing by linking you to initiatives and activities in your local area
Some people identify the health and wellbeing support that they need on their own. However, if you need help to find the right services for you, please contact:
Age UK Islington
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 7281 6018
- Address: AGE UK Islington, 9 Manor Gardens, London, N7 6LA.
- Website: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/islington
Help on Your Doorstep:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 020 3931 6080
- Address: View offices across Islington here.
- Website: https://www.helponyourdoorstep.com/
You may also find the following websites helpful:
Personal Health Budgets
Personal Health Budgets are a way of personalising care, based around what matters to people and their individual strengths and needs.
A Personal Health Budget is an amount of money to support the identified healthcare and wellbeing needs of an individual, which is planned and agreed between the individual, or their representative, and the local Clinical Commissioning Group.
For more information about Personal Health Budgets in Islington please click here.
Health and care providers in Islington will be looking to expand the above offer to new service areas over the next few years. Future offers may include Section 117 after-care, mental health, maternity, end of life care, equipment, long-term conditions and social prescribing.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org